RULES AND REGULATIONS:
The following Rules and Regulations shall be deemed part of the contract made between an Exhibitor (defined hereinafter) and the Organiser.
In this Agreement except to the extent that the context requires otherwise:-
Exhibitor means any person, body, firm or company who has made an application for and has been granted space to exhibit at the Event.
Event means the Zeminar Youth Conference which will take place in the RDS on 13th, 14th and 15th November 2018 (and annually thereafter);
Fee means the fee payable by the Exhibitor to the Organiser as set out in the application form or as otherwise agreed with the Organiser;
Organiser means Zeminar Limited;
Safety Adviser means TBC
Stand means the area at the Event allocated by the Organiser to an Exhibitor;
VAT means Value Added Tax;
words importing the neuter shall include the masculine and the feminine and vice versa;
REGISTRATION PROCEDURE FOR STAND SPACE
- Copies of the 2016 application form are available on the Zeminar website at www.zeminar.ie. The appropriate forms should be completed and sent to the Organiser enclosing full payment of Fees.
- Stands will not be reserved or allocated to any person wishing to exhibit at the Event until full payment of Fees is received by the Organiser.
- If following allocations and acceptance of a Stand the Exhibitor subsequently cancels its booking the Organiser may up to 30 days prior to the Event at its absolute discretion refund 25% of the booking fee to the Exhibitor and thereafter the Organiser shall not refund any part of the Fee.
- The allocation of positions for Stands rests entirely with the Organiser. The Organiser will endeavour, as far as possible, to meet any special wishes expressed by an Exhibitor. The Organiser shall not be responsible in respect of loss or damage arising from any error in the allocation of Stands or from any encroachment by one Exhibitor on the Stand allocated to another Exhibitor for any amount greater than the sum paid by the Exhibitor to the Organiser for the Stand allotted to him.
- The Organiser reserves the right of rejecting an allocation of a Stand and returning the Fees, or otherwise dealing with the application as it deems advisable.
- The arrangement between the Exhibitor and the Organiser constitutes a licence for the duration of the Event only subject to these rules and regulations and is not a tenancy. The Organiser reserves the right at any time and from time to time to make alterations in the floor plan of the Event as may in their opinion be necessary in the best interests of the Event and to alter the shape, size, position or stand numbers of the space allocated to the Exhibitor. If as a result of any such alteration by the Organiser the space allocated to an Exhibitor shall be reduced an appropriate allowance will be made to the Exhibitor by adjustment to the Fees. No alteration under this provision to the space allotted will be made in such a way as to impose on the Exhibitor any greater liability for rental than that previously agreed with the Exhibitor.
- Unless provided as part of the package being supplied to the Exhibitor the provision of any electrical fittings and appliances will be the responsibility of the Exhibitor. All electric and installation work on a Stand must be carried out by:
(i) Contractors who are members of the RECI (Register of Electrical Contractors of Ireland)
(ii) Contractors specially approved by the Organiser.
(iii) The qualified staff electricians permanently employed by the Exhibitor for whom the work is done.
- Exhibitors are forbidden to open the distribution boards of the RDS or plug into the RDS outlet sockets. A Completion Certificate (Electrics) must be made available by the Exhibitor to the Organiser on request.
- An electricity connection form must be completed by each exhibitor and is available by contacting the RDS Premises Office.
- The Exhibitor shall be responsible for ensuring that any electrical installation, before it is connected to the Society’s electrical infrastructure, complies with the latest revision/issue of the ET 101 National Wiring Rules or any amendment or substitution to these rules and in advance of such connection the Exhibitor shall obtain a certificate from the electrician or electrical contractor that the ET 101 National Wiring Rules as amended or substituted have been complied with as applicable.
- When a stand is ready for connection to the electricity supply it is the responsibility of the electrical contractor to inform the RDS Premises Offices of this fact. All electrical appliances used on a Stand must comply with current standards and all applicable legislation and codes. Any electrical item in the opinion of the Organiser deemed to be causing fault with the power supply on a Stand or other stands at the event will be immediately disconnected.
- For all information re connection etc. and for Broadband please contact Damien Clarke at 0874123378.
- All Exhibitors are requested to submit copies of the interior/exterior design layout of their Stands for the prior approval of the Organiser. Should they wish to make alteration to their Stands after submitting copies of the design layout they shall do so by submitting a request to the Organiser.
PUBLIC ADDRESS SYSTEM
- The public address system is provided for the use of the Organiser and is not available to the Exhibitors or their employees, servants, contractors, agents or visitors to the Event except in emergency situations.
EXHIBITOR INVITATION TICKETS
- Exhibitor Employee Passes will be issued by the Organiser to each Exhibitor. The Organiser reserves the right to limit the number issued to any Exhibitor at the Organiser’s discretion.
- As a condition of entry each Exhibitor warrants that they have fully complied with their obligations under the NATIONAL VETTING BUREAU (CHILDREN AND VULNERABLE PERSONS) ACT 2012 including any amendments thereto with regard to its officers, officials, employees, servants or any other persons who appear at the event on behalf of the Exhibitor. As a condition of entry each Exhibitor shall hold the Organiser harmless and indemnify it and keep it indemnified against any legal proceedings arising from the non-compliance by the Exhibitor of its obligations under this Act.
- No Exhibitor will be permitted to sublet or allow to be used any other person, firm, partnership, company, body or other entity the whole or any portion of the space allotted to him without the prior written consent of the Organiser.
- In the event of any Exhibitor failing to occupy space by the Monday 12th November, 2018 at 23.00 prior to the Event, the Organiser at its discretion, may fill up or let such space and the Fees paid shall be forfeited.
- All stands and exhibits must be legibly addressed and bear the name of the Exhibitor and Stand number. Exhibitors are not to consign their goods to the Organiser, or any of its officials, as the Organiser will not receive them or be responsible for any charges for freight, carriage or delivery.
- Prior to the Event no vehicle will be allowed to enter any of the halls at the Event either to deliver or remove goods unless permitted by the Organiser and it will therefore be necessary that all exhibits shall be brought manually to Exhibitors Stands and Exhibitors are required to provide the staff adequate for that purpose. During the Event, vehicles delivering articles to Stands will not be allowed to enter the Event after 08.00 on each day of the Event. The Organiser reserves the right to change the time for delivery at its absolute discretion.
- No Exhibitor shall at any time obstruct or allow to be obstructed by his goods, or in any other manner, gangways or open spaces. Any article placed in contravention of this regulation will be removed and a charge of €20 per article will be levied on the Exhibitor.
- Except where otherwise provided, Stands and Signs shall not exceed in height as follows: In all halls 3.8m is the maximum height for a stand. Side walls over counter height may not project more than 1m from the back wall and the fascia board or name of the Exhibitor must be set back at least 1m from the front line of the stand.
- Stands and exhibits must not exceed 36.2kg per square foot in weight (this relates to the height of a loaded stand e.g. a stand with 200 handbags (rather than 150) may be too heavy and topple over). The organiser may, on written application, allow a greater height where in its opinion, this is desirable owing to the nature of a particular exhibit.
- All Stands must be entirely self-supporting. Nails and screws must not be used in either the floors or the walls of the building nor must anything be attached to tie bars or roof trusses. The placing of notices on any part of the structures or building is strictly prohibited.
- The Organiser reserves the right to remove from a Stand any signage, bill or poster which is considered by the Organiser to be objectionable.
- Signs carrying Exhibitors names and addresses must be strongly and properly constructed and fixed on a rigid frame. Linen signs are not acceptable. No mobile display units or caravans will be permitted indoors at the Event except by express prior written permission of the Organiser.
- No Exhibitor will be permitted to arrange his Stand, or to place any signage in such a manner as to obstruct the light or to inconvenience or disadvantageously affect the display of any other Exhibitor.
- Signs placed on or near the boundary lines of Stands must not carry advertising matter or the name of the Stand holder on the side facing adjoining Stand holder’s sites. Exhibitors will be strictly confined to the space allotted to them. The internal layout of Stands must comply with current Dublin City Council Bye-laws dealing with public safety and all other applicable legislation.
- Professional shop fitting must be used and must be erected and installed by a competent contractor. Failure to do so will lead to a Stand being closed down by the Organiser.
- Exhibitors must submit for approval the design and layout of their stands to ensure that the design and layout of their Stands are in keeping with the Organisers general scheme of uniformity. This should done 4 weeks out from the event.
- All Exhibitors must arrange their exhibits on their Stands in the show premises by 8:00 on each day of the Event.
- Stands must be open daily for inspection by the public in line with the opening hours of each day of the Event.
- All Stands and exhibits must, during the hours specified above, be in the charge of a competent representative of the Exhibitor, and must remain uncovered until the close of the Event daily. In the event of any Exhibitor neglecting to open or uncover a Stand during such hours as the Event is open, the Organiser may do so at the Exhibitors risk and expense.
- All internal fit-out of Stands (e.g. shelves, brackets) must be self-supporting and must not be affixed to shell scheme without prior consultation and approval of the Organiser. If any such items are, in the sole opinion of the Organiser, deemed unsafe they will be removed and the Stand may be closed down by the Organiser or its nominated shell scheme contractor.
- Every Exhibitor, and all persons for whom he may consider responsible in any way whatsoever, must conduct himself in such a manner as shall not be objectionable to any other Exhibitor or any employee of an Exhibitor or visitor to the Event or to the Organiser and shall not create any disturbance or obstruction at the Event. Any person who does not comply with these requirements shall be liable, at the sole direction of the Organiser, to be removed from the Event and refused re-admission for the remaining duration of the Event.
- The Exhibitor is responsible to the Organiser for maintaining his Stand in a clean state during the Event and it is the responsibility of the Exhibitor to ensure that the aisles in front of and around his Stand if applicable are free from obstruction. Exhibitors must have their Stands swept clean within three hours of closure on each evening of the Event. Litter from Stands musts be deposited in the litter bins or refuse disposal units provided.
- All loose cases and other materials used in packing the Stands and exhibits must be removed by the Exhibitors from the Event grounds as soon as the Exhibits have been unpacked and at the latest by 8.00 on each day the event opens.
- Removal of Exhibits – Exhibits whether sold or unsold, must not be packed or removed from the Event until after the termination of the Event nor must Stands be closed or dismantled before that hour.
- Where retail goods are sold the Stand must at all times be properly dressed and stocked. All Stands and exhibits shall be removed from the Event premises by 2200 on the last day of the Show.
- A Charge of 200 euro per day for the first 3 days and after that 100 euro per day up to a maximum of 7 days will be incurred for each implement or exhibit not removed from the Organisers premises following the last day of the Event. Any Stands or exhibits not removed from the premises by 22.00 on the last day of the Event may be dismantled and removed by the Organiser at the Exhibitors expense and risk and these charges will be additional to the charge of 200 euro per day for the first 3 days and after that 100 euro per day up to a maximum of 7 days. After 7 days items not collected from the Event will be disposed of or donated to a local charity by the Organiser and the Organiser will have no responsibility or liability for the removal and disposal of such items.
- The entire risk and responsibility as regards all exhibits and all legal liability arising therefrom or arising thereby shall be wholly borne by the Exhibitor. The Organiser will not be responsible for any damage, breakage, or for any loss arising from source either in transit or during the Event. Neither the Organiser nor any of its officers, officials, employees or servants shall be in any way responsible or accountable for anything that may happen (from any cause or circumstances whatsoever) to Exhibitors or their employees, agents, contractors or servants or to any exhibit or property brought into the Event premises or for anything else in connection with or arising out of or attributable to the Event. The Exhibitor shall defend, indemnify and hereby indemnifies and holds harmless the Organiser from any loss, liability claim or demand including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party arising from any cause whatsoever in connection with the participation at the Event by the Exhibitor, his agents, contractors or employees.
- As a condition of entry each Exhibitor shall hold the Organiser harmless and indemnify it and keep it indemnified against any legal proceedings arising from accident or fire caused by his machinery exhibit or other property on the Stand allotted to him or brought into the Event.
- While reasonable precautions will be taken, the Organiser shall not have any responsibility or liability for the safety of the property of any Exhibitor from theft, damage, by fire, accident, vandalism or any other causes and any loss or damage which may befall the person or the property of the Exhibitors from any cause whatsoever arising before, after or during the Event. Exhibitors are strongly advised to affect their own comprehensive insurance and in this case suitable policies may be arranged through any leading insurance broker.
- Exhibitors are advised to insure against costs and losses which they may incur in the event of the Event being prevented, postponed or abandoned for causes not within the Organisers control since the Organiser accepts no liability in such an eventuality
- The Organiser is not responsible for any claims in respect death or personal injury or loss or damage to property arising in connection with the erection and dismantling of the Exhibitors stand and anything permitted, omitted or done thereon or therefrom during the dismantling periods caused directly or indirectly by the Exhibitor or any Contractor, Subcontractor, Servant Agent, Licensee, or invitee of his or the act, omission or neglect of any such person or by any exhibit, machinery, or other article or thing of the Exhibitor or in the possession of or use of the Exhibitor or any servant or agent of his.
- The Exhibitor will indemnify and hereby indemnifies and keep indemnified the Organiser in respect of each and every such claim and all actions proceedings, costs (included but not limited to reasonable legal fees), and claims and may be required by the Organiser to produce evidence of such insurances if required.
- No Exhibitor shall may light a fire, gas or oil appliance or stove or boiler of any description for any purpose whatsoever, unless he has the prior written consent of the Organiser and where required the consent of any relevant statutory agencies to do so. Exhibitors who have obtained the written consent of the Organiser using bottle gas, fuel, oil, petrol, hay, straw, and other inflammable material must provide in all cases fire extinguishers designed to deal with the risk involved and have the approval of his own insurers for the arrangement. All materials used in the decoration of Stands or offices therein must be non-flammable and compliant with all relevant legislation and safety regulations.
- In no circumstances shall petrol, oils or naked lights or lamps of any description be used or brought into the Event or any part thereof without the prior written permission of the Organiser and the Exhibitor having the relevant insurance policy in place.
- Permission for the cooking of food on stands will not be granted by the Organiser unless: (i) cooking is done by electrical appliances only; (ii) all relevant legalisation, regulations, codes and all other relevant requirements have been fully complied with and documentary evidence to this effect is submitted to the organiser in advance of the Event; and the Exhibitor at his own cost and expense shall procure such license or licences and permits as may be legally necessary to carry out the cooking and selling of food items. Cooking or heating equipment where allowed must be positioned on a firm base of non-combustible material and must be protected on three sides by fireproof shield which must be situated at least 600mm from any combustible material. Cooking or heating appliances must be kept at all times out of reach of the public.
- Officials or representatives of the Local Authority Fire Services shall have full authority through its staff to order the immediate removal of any equipment or structure which in their opinion constitutes any danger.
- The Exhibitor shall at all times maintain high standards of hygiene and general cleanliness in the preparation, use, handling and service of food and shall comply with all applicable legislation including regulations codes and standards in relation to the preparation, use, handling and service of food and beverages, utensils and tableware and shall ensure compliance with all statutory requirements affecting the same or service which they are providing.
- The Exhibitor shall be responsible for full public liability relevant to its Stand and exhibits and shall maintain sufficient comprehensive insurance cover to meet all claims by any third parties for accidental and food poisoning and hereby indemnifies and shall keep indemnified the Organiser against all costs (including but not limited to reasonable legal fees) claims, actions and expenses arising in relation thereto.
- To avoid unnecessary obstruction of avenues and aisles any Exhibitor intending to cook foodstuffs for sale or distribution must ensure that its Stand is of sufficient area to allow the incorporation of a queuing area. Plans of the Stand must be submitted to the Organiser for prior approval before the Event.
- Exhibitors should ensure that adequate safety precautions in accordance with all relevant legislation, regulations and codes for workers, employees and the public shall be in operation on their Stand.
- The Organiser will have a Safety Advisor on duty and any recommendations made by him shall be immediately adopted, otherwise the Exhibitor will be deemed to be in breach of the Organisers Rules and Regulations. This rule applies to all matters that relates to the construction, display dismantling and staffing of Stands and exhibits.
- Any Stands or exhibits likely to prove dangerous to the public must be securely protected to the satisfaction of the Exhibitors insurers and be in the charge of competent attendant at all times. Starting apparatus should either be disconnected or not be within the reach of the general public.
- Explosives, radioactive materials, acids or other substances of a dangerous, harmful or unwholesome nature may not be exhibited without the prior written authority of the Organiser and all relevant authorities or bodies without the Exhibitor holding and maintaining all necessary licences, consents and approvals. A consent given by the Organiser for the exhibition of any product or for the use of machinery or apparatus within this regulation may be withdrawn at any time at the sole discretion of the Organiser without any reason being stated. The Organiser reserves the right to exclude any exhibit from the Event.
- Bells, Ballrooms, Whistles and Exhibits of every such description will be prohibited from causing annoyance to visitors and Exhibitors. Musical Instrument performances, sound recorders, Radio and Television sets in operation are not permitted except under special conditions and only with the prior written consent of the Organiser.
- No displays of a political nature will be permitted nor may literature of a political or religious character be distributed. If it is found that the business upon any Stand is of such a nature as to be an inconvenience to other Exhibitors or injurious to the interests of the Organiser or Stand will be closed without compensation to the Exhibitor who shall forfeit all Fees paid by him to the Organiser.
- An Exhibitor wishing to carry out demonstrations or competitions on his Stand must obtain the prior written consent of the Organiser and also obtain any required licence, consents and approvals. All efforts to advertise, promote sales and operate exhibits must be conducted so as not to cause any annoyance or inconvenience to other Exhibitors or visitors to the Event. The following are prohibited at the Event: any solicitation (in person or by sound process) above the ordinary speaking tone of voice and any practice resulting in a complaint from an Exhibitor, an employee of another Exhibitor or visitor to the Event which, in the sole opinion of the Organiser, exposes the Exhibitor, employees of another Exhibitor or visitors to the Event to any annoyance or danger.
- The use and distribution of handbills advertisements, photographs and other printed matter within or outside of the Event is subject to prior approval of the Organiser and the Exhibitor is not allowed to paste or otherwise affix, exhibit or distribute advertisements anywhere at the Event other than at his own Stand and any Exhibitor must not for this or any other purpose encroach upon the alleys, aisles or avenues open spaces at the Event or do anything that may cause disruption. The distribution or retailing of badges, balloons, model aeroplanes, stickers and other advertising novelties appealing to children inside or outside of the Event is prohibited. The distribution of plastic carrier bags of any descriptions is strictly forbidden except where such bags are used as wrapping for goods on a Stand. In the interests of security the distribution of plastic carrier bags for advertising purposes is strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of the Organiser. Foodstuffs, Confectionary, Sweets may be retailed only with the prior permission of the Organiser and upon the production of any required licence, consents or approvals and if such permission is granted by the Organiser a special charge of 120 euro in addition to ordinary fees, will be made by the Exhibitor to the Organiser. All applications which are made on the distinct understanding that this rule will be enforced and the Organisers decision in the matter will be final and binding. The distribution and/or sale of souvenirs bearing the name or any mark or motif associated with the Organiser is strictly prohibited except with the express prior written permission of the Organiser.
- Articles such as Glass Cutters, Steel Grinders, Sharpeners, Cooking Utensils, Kitchen Sundries, Vegetable Parers, Knives for culinary purposes, Domestic Polishes, Cleaning materials and Soaps may not be sold or distributed at the Event.
- All Exhibitors and Exhibitors assistants in charge of Stands and exhibits will be subject to the orders of the Organisers officials. It is a condition of issue of each ticket for an assistant of an Exhibitor that such Exhibitor will be held responsible for the behaviour of his Assistants and for the consequences for any misconduct thereof. Exhibitors employing Contractors for the erection or servicing of their Stands will be held responsible for the actions of their contractors and for the observance by such Contractors of the Organisers Rules and Regulations.
- The Organiser has the power to order any article off the Event Premises or to remove it or to close the Stand of any Exhibitor who does not conform with these Rules and Regulations. All articles removed by the order of the Organiser will be so labelled. Any Exhibitor or their representative taking such articles onto the premises without permission will liable to a charge of 100 euro and to expulsion from the Event.
- All charges and fines payable pursuant to the rules and regulations of the Organiser shall be recoverable as debts and until their payment persons owing them will be debarred from exhibiting at future events of the Organiser. The Organiser may exclude from the Event grounds any person, firm, corporation, partnership or body which in the Organisers opinion has infringed the rules and regulations of the Organiser or has been guilty of dishonest or unfair conduct or behaved in a manner injurious to the Organisers interests at or in connection with the Event.
- In the event of an Exhibitor being involved in a Trade or Industrial dispute whether such action be official or otherwise the Organiser reserves the right to close and isolate without notice such Stand or Stands as are involved either directly or indirectly in any dispute and to restrain the Exhibitor from occupying the stand before or for part of the duration of the Event. The Organiser in such event shall not be liable to pay any form of compensation or refund any Fees or monies to the Exhibitor in question.
- Notwithstanding any other provisions contained herein in the event of any Exhibitor ceasing to carry on business or committing any act of bankruptcy or a company going into liquidation or having an examiner, receiver, administrator or similar appointed over any of its assets or the company the Organisers shall be entitled to determine the contract with the Exhibitor immediately and all fees and any other monies paid by the Exhibitor to the Organiser shall be forfeited in full.
- Many of the services to be provided at or connected with the Event are services provided by persons, organisations or companies independent of the Organiser. The supply of services at the Event is not within the control of the Organiser and the Organiser shall not incur any liability to the Exhibitor for any loss to or damage if any services shall wholly or partially fail or cease to be available nor shall the Exhibitor be entitled to any allowance in respect of Fees paid.
- The Organiser shall not be liable for any damages the Exhibitor, his servants or agents may sustain in respect of the infringement of any of his copyrights, trademarks, patients or any other intellectual property held by the Exhibitor arising out of his participation at the Event. Exhibitors are accordingly advised to take steps to protect their rights, new inventions or designs before exhibiting them.
- An agreement with an Exhibitor for the hiring of space may be terminated by the Organiser without any reason stated, either before or at any time during the Event to which the hiring relates. Upon such determination the Exhibitor shall forthwith dismantle and remove their Stand and exhibits and if the Exhibitor fails to do so the Organiser shall be entitled to dismantle and remove such Stand and exhibits at the expense of the Exhibitor. An Exhibitor whose hiring is so terminated will be entitled, if the termination occurs before the commencement of the show, to return of the Fees paid by the Exhibitor and if the termination occurs during the Event, to the return of one fifth of the fees for each day or part of a day after such determination during which the Event continues and in neither case shall an Exhibitor have any further claim against the Organiser.
- In the event of any failure on the part of the Exhibitor to observe and perform any of the provisions of these rules and regulations the Organiser shall have the right to terminate the agreement between the Exhibitor and the Organiser forthwith by written notice to that effect in which event all Fees then paid by the Exhibitor shall be forfeited to and retained by the Organiser and the Exhibitor shall indemnify and keep indemnified the Organiser in respect of all costs, losses, damages and expenses (including consequential loss or damage and legal fees) incurred as a result of such failure.
- The Organiser reserves to itself the sole and absolute right to interpret these or any prescribed conditions and regulations and to arbitrarily settle and determine all or any matters, questions, or differences in regard thereto or otherwise arising out of or connected with or incidental to the Event. The Organiser also reserves to itself the sole and absolute right to refuse or to close down an exhibit or Stand or withdraw permission to exhibit , prohibit exhibition entries, vary or cancel awards of prizes or reserved numbers and relax conditions as the Organiser may deem expedient; and the decision of the Organiser will be final in all respects. All exhibits are subject to a general lien in favour of the Organiser and all sums, whether for unpaid Fees or otherwise due from an Exhibitor to the Organiser. The Organiser reserves the right to vary change, modify or amend these rules and regulations at its sole discretion and you should check these rules and regulations regularly for any changes.
- These rules and regulations and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the Republic of Ireland and the Courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or any claim arising out of or in connection with these rules and regulations or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).