Zeminar will step beyond the classroom, lecture theatre or workplace and explore the biggest social issues that have the potential to disrupt academic and personal growth.
An Overview of what’s on at Zeminar
While the career aspect will be covered, it will represent just 1 of 8 designated zones, setting Zeminar apart from the traditional careers fair. According to research conducted by Headstrong.ie, anxiety, stress, sleep issues, cyberbullying and isolation are some of the difficulties hindering academic and personal growth today. These factors in conjunction with fast-moving technology, academic pressures, unhealthy diets and ever-changing career options present an increasingly complex and challenging environment for young people to navigate.
Zeminar will give attendees the chance to explore the above, discuss career opportunities, hear from inspirational speakers such as The O’Donovan Brother, The Rubberbandits, Sr Stan to name but a few, and discover invaluable tools to assist them on their educational journey.
As mentioned there will be 8 designated zones at the event;
- Main Stage – Amazing speakers sharing their stories.
- Youth Org United – Local and National Youth Organisations.
- Well-Being Gym – Learn how to look after one’s Mind, Body & Soul. This zone will feature interactive content aimed at encouraging attendees to explore and develop their personal toolkit in terms of mental, physical & spiritual welfare.
- Club Corner – Discover new sports and hobbies.
- CEO –BOSS IT! Careers, Exams & Opportunities – Not like any other careers fair the ethos of this event is dynamic and interactive. Organisations that exhibit here will not be simply handing out free paraphernalia but displaying what it’s like to actually work or study in their environment.
- Activation Zone – Spectacular exhibitors captivating your imagination. An open book for exhibitors with one strict caveat: It cannot be passive! It must be an engaging concept that will leave attendees with something thoughtprovoking, inspirational, relevant and practical.
- Teachers’ Lounge –Teachers, we will look after you! A Zeminar all on its own containing tailored content provided in a relaxed and collaborative environment. Main stage contributors will also present in this area, modifying their content for the other side of the desk.
- The Social Scene – Eat, meet & have lots of fun.
Who will attend?
Zeminar will be the most inclusive event for the young people of Ireland, catering for up to 20,000 attendees and their teachers/mentors. There will be professionals and experts exhibiting and hosting workshops, showcasing their message in interactive ways. Their mandate will be to engage attendees and transfer impactful skills that can be taken away by students in order to facilitate more satisfying and productive lives.
Teachers will also have the opportunity to access an entire range of resources either by participating in the main event or at the dedicated Teachers Lounge, where complimentary refreshments will be served. Many of our contributors will double their efforts by not only speaking on the main stage but also tailoring content to the needs of teachers on our teacher stage.
How is the day structured?
The conference will run over three days with students attending one day each. The venue will be broken into 8 designated zones where teachers and students can access resources at different times of the day in a safe and educational environment. The RDS will host the event, providing the same level of professionalism that can be seen at other student events such as the BT Young Scientist.
What students will take from this event?
The philosophy of the event is “A Life Changing Day” and each speaker, exhibitor, professional and workshop host will be tasked to reflect this in every interaction with our attendees. With this in mind we expect students to learn valuable information to help them through life’s journey. We expect attendees to have their imagination captivated, their horizons broadened, their network expanded and the day to be one they will never forget.
Who We Are
Ian is a Fellow of Chartered Accountants Ireland and member of the Irish Tax Institute. After training with Deloitte he joined UBS Investment Bank in Sydney, spending 4 years there before transferring back to Ireland. A devoted father of 2, Ian has a massive interest in human development and has volunteered for various NFPs in the youth and sporting sector.
Founder & CEO
Damien is the Founder and CEO of Zeminar. He is also studying for a Doctorate in Counselling Psychology at Trinity College Dublin. Damien is passionate about young people and has worked with Forige, Dublin Samaritans and St. John of God's. Zeminar is his baby.
Paula comes to the Zeminar Team with a wealth of knowledge from her 20 years of experience in Event Management. Her organisational skills and attention to detail have awarded her work with Events of all sizes throughout Ireland and UK. It has been said “Every Event needs a Paula!!”
Peter comes to the Zeminar team with over 40 years in Irish Education. Peter was a second level school teacher at Ballymun Comprehensive for 20 years before moving to the Dublin Institute of Technology for another 16 years. He spent his entire professional career working with students from diverse backgrounds and was always passionate about their learning.